'Industries, Towns and Governements' is an isometric game. It's still in development and its release date is unknown.
What you can expect:
- Players can either choose to be a town, government or industry, each coming with their own challenges
- Multiple towns make governments which controls basic stuff (country Taxes, Media, and more)
- Towns can subsidize industries to do certain task for them and make the population happy. They have also acces to 'details' like non-national public founding(free time activities, fire departments and more)
- industries coexist with each other, they can choose to compete or to do alliances and connect towns and their Sites. Example: Industry A has a quin farm, Industry B has a transport route to a site (a cannery)controlled by Industry C
- Multiple sectors are given, however each player (and A.I.) can choose only one. They need to cooperate to exist, this can be stimulated via subventions.
- These sectors are things like agricultural sector, mining, transport, public safety, media outlets and more
- The player (and A.I) can choose specialisations, this can also be only one, but it won't affect gameplay as much as sectors. Example: agricultural firm A has a quin farm and a wheat farm, while Agricultural Firm A has also a quin farm and a wheat farm, however agricultural firm B has higher output in its quin farm, while lower output in the wheat farm than B, why? A is specialized in quins, having more output in quin farms, while B has a specialisation in wheat farming, having a bigger output than normal in wheat fields. This can also be applied to other sectors, like Mining.
Price: Unknown (I think I may publish it for free though)
Written in: java
Perspectivial View: Isometric
Building via Console
Today's Devlopment is going to an End, and I can present a Console, which will be the first way of User interaction with the Game. It won't be able to do much right now and it may be removed as soon as the game comes out, but it allows to test the application while the mouse listener isn't implemented. Some features are: Exiting the game without alt + F4; showing the funds (money) of the game (currently useless, as money is stagnant); and to replace ('build') a tile with another. This may not be as effective as the build command would be 'build 5 4 1' and not like 'build 5 4 grass', this is due to the game storing and processing all build via ints, while there is a STRING_ID assigned to any building in the game, it cannot be used to acces a specific building as no hashmap exists, that assigns the STRING_ID to a int (the unique identifier of a building).
Demonstration of the Console
Earliest Devlopment Photos
A plain isometric view with only grass
A plain isometric view with only dirt
Announcement of the game!
See the About section for more information.